Waco Annual Charity Open – Round 2 Recap
March 13, 2020 by Bennett Wineka in Recap with comments
As the rest of the sports world ground to a halt, the Disc Golf Pro Tour and Waco Annual Charity Open got round 1 underway in Texas.
- On her first competitive round in Waco, Eveliina Salonen set the pace for the Open Women’s field with a 1000+ rated, 2-under par 62. She is the only FPO player under par and is second in Circle 1X putting at 82%.
- Salonen was the only player to birdie the touchy hole 11, and one of two to birdie the long, wooded hole 4 with Paige Shue.
- Tied in second at even par are Rebecca Cox and Heather Young. While Cox notched more birdies, Young was a steady presence on the feature card. Her only two-putt came on hole 18 and the lefty leads the division in C1X putting and scramble rate.
- Young, the sponsor pick, is the only player from feature card (Young, Paige Pierce, Catrina Allen, Lisa Fajkus) who will be on the lead card for round 2.
- Speaking of lead card, we have a lot of youth with Salonen, Cox, Young, and Henna Blomroos.
Every hole was birdied at least once over three rounds in 2019. With the par changes to holes 12 and 18 it may take a big throw-in for that to happen in 2020.