Round 2 Recap
September 13, 2020 by Bennett Wineka in Recap with comments
An eventful moving day gave us new leaders after two days at the MVP Open at Maple Hill.
- Coming into the day tied for fourth place and playing on the chase card, Ricky Wysocki catapulted into a two-stroke lead at 15-under par total with a hot round 9-under par. Wysocki used another scorching back 9 to build the advantage, going bogey-free with seven birdies over the final 10 holes. He’s yet to miss a putt inside Circle 1X, and also leads the division in C2 putting percentage, 67%, and C1 in regulation, 53%, and is top three in fairway hits and C2 in regulation.
- Paul McBeth, second place at 13-under par total, and Kyle Klein, fourth place at 10-under par total, will remain on lead card for the final round. McBeth was part of several unclear caddy book rulings on holes 5 and 8, his only two over par holes of the round.
- Jumping up six spots into third place, four strokes behind the leader at 11-under par total, was Calvin Heimburg. His 7-under par round was bogey-free until hole 18.
- Bogey-free rounds from Chris Dickerson and Chris Clemons moved the players into the top 10, at a tie for fifth and tie for ninth, respectively. Day one leader Andrew Fish fell into a tie for ninth with a 1-over par round.
- Eagle McMahon is tied in 24th. His even par second round consisted of 16 pars.
The lead card of Wysocki, McBeth, Heimburg, and Klein tees off at 1 pm EST